Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Try Stampin on Tuesday # 352



Hey there, it's time for another challenge!!  This one is a fun one and so very versatile, so many ways to use this Theme - Burst of color.  I decided to do a back ground with water color paper and color burst crystals (Stampin Up sells a set of 5 now in the new 2018 occasions catalog) The exciting thing about them is that no two will ever look alike .  Just wet the paper and sprinkle on the color it will actually BURST before your eyes when it hits the water OR you can sprinkle the color on and then spritz the paper and watch it BURST :0)   If you want lighter color you can add more water or dab some of the colored water off.  This piece can be stamped onto but be sure to either let it sit to dry or if your impatient like me use the heat gun and dry it.  If you decided you want more color just add it and water!  Note it is better to use a watercolor paper or Stampin' Up has a shimmer paper that holds up to the water. I haven't tried the glossy card stock if you have let me know how it turned out, please.

For this card as I said I used water color paper, sprinkled on blue, yellow a just a bit of red then I sprayed with water and watched it BURST- oh smiling face- I love how each color has many different shades to give a varied look and that I did end up with some green since blue and yellow mixed does create green - Duh you knew that!!!  :0) 
The strip down the center was hand made with some of the confetti stamps in the set I used - What is it you ask!!! well I'll tell you it is a new set in the Occasions Catalog and I needed to get something that WASN'T flowers to use! since I send a lot of birthday cards and to the many "males" in this family thought this set would work wonderfully!!! (Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and just a touch of Real Red) It is called Picture Perfect Birthday and there are 18 different stamps to use (6 of them are words!!!YEA!!!)  The "blower" that I used is actually three pieces so it can be made to any colors you choose.  I stamped them with Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, and the in color - Lemon Lime Twist  Cut them out and then popped them with dimensionals onto the card .  Stamped the Happy Birthday form the set in the corner.  When I was writing up this blog I realized I hadn't added the top right corner decoration, thought about adding a few rhinestones...hmmm should I or shouldn't I??? that's one of the things I do like about out site, you can follow the sketch to the "T" or just do your own thing and not follow it at all.  So with that said what are you waiting for?  come join us with your card creation, we'd love to have so many cards added that it would be really hard to pick the top ones!!!!!   
I better get off here and go make sure my house is grandchild proofed :0)  their mother has been under the weather for a while and I'm going to watch them today!!!  I probably won't get any stamping done with them here but what about you?!  You know what they say - Just Do It, Do It, Do It!!!!!  :0)    Well whether you "Do It" or not thank you for stopping by and I do hope you'll check out the other designers cards just click here.





Optional Theme: Burst of Color 






No comments:

Post a Comment

New family members!

 2 new greats were born since the first of the month and I finally got cards made.   Sadie Mae joined our niece Rebecca’s family and Eric “J...