Friday, January 9, 2015

Watercolor #3

last of the Impression Obsession stamps used while my Big Shot was AOL is the Big City landscape.  I don't live where near a view like this. but I did visit New York once when my sister lived there so could imagine a little.  Once again I used Watercolor paper on the focal image.  That wonderful wide tip watercolor brush (!!!!) was used on the background. I masked off the water area and did the sky then masked that and did the water area.  Stamped the "big city" across the horizon,  stamped again on a piece of acetate then rubbed that in the water area right below the stamped image to create the reflection in the water. It really is easy!!  if you don't have any acetate you could cut a piece of heavy plastic (like a piece of clear plastic that a mans shirt and tie comes in) to use.  Finished the card with layers, ribbon and photo corners.  I thought it looked pretty good, what do you think?  Love to read comments.
          I now need to get ready for a stamp event next Tuesday so I better get to crafting, My Big Shot came home!!  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday boy card

 We have a grandson who’s birthday is April 1st.  Since we’re celebrating on Sunday evening I decided I’d better get a card made for him tod...