Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cold and canning, check this one out!!!

One thing I don't like about living in an old farm house is that my craft room often gets closed up to conserve heat in the rest of the house.  It sure is hard to stamp with COLD fingers and in a cold room!  Is it summer time yet? ! ? I know I just need to get tough :)  either that or plan a day to play and open up the room and add a heater :) !!!  YES!!!  soon !!
    My daughter-in-law and I have been a little busy this month, canning and more canning, now you may be asking yourself what is she canning, well I'll tell you  beef and chicken, we raise our own meat so we had a cow butchered the first of the month and we canned hamburger - if you've never had canned hamburger you don't know what your missing. This week we will be busy canning our old laying hens, after a year a hen doesn't lay as well and we use them for canning.  This process is much more involved as you have to cook and debone the chicken before putting it in jars to can.  They make the best canned chicked though as they make a good rich broth. Did you know that the older the hen the richer and stronger the broth will be.  I'm so thankful that we have all this available and can use our own home grown food!!! Yes it is work but it is soooo worth it!  have a great day to all who take the time to read this post, if you do I have a free gift for you - contact me by leaving a comment with your e-mail address and I 'll contact you!  Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layers of Beauty

 Fun, fun, fun! Another new stamp set bundle, this one is called layers of beauty bundle. It has a stamp set, dyes, and decorative masks to ...